We make it easy!
We secure and complete all the required city permits and follow city ordinances so you don’t have to worry about anything. We’ve added their regulations below taken from the Sachse website.
City of Sachse Fence Permits & Regulations
RESIDENTIAL BUILDING PERMIT PROCEDURES For FENCES
The following are the procedures and instructions for obtaining fence permits within residential zoned districts. For permit
information, please contact the Development Services Department at 469.429.4781 and located at 3815-B Sachse Road,
Sachse, Texas 75048. Fees are due at the time the permit is picked up and shall be payable to the City of Sachse. This is
information generally required for permitting and should not be considered an all-inclusive list. If you have specific inspection
questions during the construction process, you may contact one of our building inspectors at 469.429.4781. The inspectors
are generally available Monday-Friday from 7:30-8:30 a.m. and from 3:30-4:30 p.m. All plans submitted for permitting shall
be drawn to an approved scale or dimensioned if approved by Building Official.
1. Complete the City of Sachse, Texas building permit application.
2. A fence permit is required if constructing a new fence or gate, replacing or relocating fence posts,
repairing or replacing more than 25% of the existing fence, changing the fence height or
changing the fencing material. Fence pickets may be changed without a permit if any of the
above does not apply.
3. Provide two (2) sets of site or plot plans and include the following:
a. Residence and all other existing structures.
b. Location of any easements.
c. Proposed location of fence and gate(s).
d. Type of fence (material).
e. Height of proposed fence.
4. The fence Contractor shall register in person at our office before any inspections will be
5. Permit fee is based on the City of Sachse Master Fee Schedule.
6. Additional permit fees are required for electrical work if applicable.
7. All work and materials shall be in compliance with the City’s current adopted building codes:
International Residential Code (IRC), the adopted code amendments, and the City of Sachse
Code of Ordinances.
ZONING BUILDING REQUIREMENTS
1. Permitted materials include stone, masonry, brick, wood, decorative tubular steel, chain link,
split rail or composite.
2. Prohibited materials include sheet metal, corrugated or enhanced metal panels, plywood,
fiberglass, vinyl and any other similar material.
3. No fence can be constructed at a height exceeding eight (8’) feet along the rear property line.
4. No fence can be constructed at a height exceeding eight (8’) feet on any side yard from the rear
property line to the front building line.
5. For fences less than seven feet in height, posts shall be spaced at a maximum of eight feet on
center, set in a concrete footing of no less than 24 inches deep.
6. For fences that are seven feet or greater in height, posts shall be spaced at a maximum of six
feet on center, set in a concrete footing of no less than 36 inches deep.
7. No fence shall be permitted in the front yard unless it is a part of the landscape or decorative
screen, at a maximum height of three (3’) feet, except on lots one (1) acre minimum or more can
be constructed at a maximum height of four (4’) feet.
8. On corner lots, where the rear lot line is adjacent to a side lot line of an adjoining lot, the fence
may be constructed to the property line to a full height in all locations, except, a 15 foot site angle
shall be required adjacent to the abutting front yard.
9. At a driveway to alley intersection, no fence will be allowed in a triangle formed by measuring
from the point of intersection of a driveway and alley a distance of 10 feet along the driveway
and 10 feet along the alley and connecting the points so established, from the edge of pavement,
to form a triangle on the area.
10.At a street to alley intersection, no fence will be allowed in a triangle formed by measuring from
the point of intersection of property lines at the street and alley a distance of 15 feet along the
intersecting property lines and connecting the points so established to form a triangle on the
11.Please see the Residential Fence Ordinance for additional fence requirements.
1. Pier, prior to pouring concrete (if applicable, constructing a masonry wall with columns)
2. Footing, prior to pouring concrete (if applicable, constructing a masonry wall with columns)
3. Building Final