We make it easy!
We secure and complete all the required city permits and follow city ordinances so you don’t have to worry about anything. We’ve added their regulations below taken from the Lewisville website.
City of Lewisville Fence Permits & Regulations
Any new fence or replacement fence exceeding 20 feet in length requires a permit. If a
contractor is used, that contractor must be registered in the City of Lewisville.
Plans Submittal Requirements
The following is a general outline of drawings and documents necessary for plan review (Building
Inspection may request additional information if necessary).
1. Site plan must include location of fencing on the property, Intersections of streets, roads,
highways, alleys driveways and Corner “visibility range,” when required, shall be shown.
2. Fence elevations identifying height of fence and type of materials to be used.
3. Structural plans must include sections and details of all footings (if applicable).
4. Gate submittal requires stamped survey indicating location of gate. Fence/gate prohibited
from encroaching city right of way. Sliding gates shall be installed inside the fence line
and not on the alley side. All encroachments shall be removed.
5. Encroachment of retaining walls within an electric easement requires an approval on
letterhead stationery from utility provider.
A permit fee is required.
An inspection will be required upon completion of work. Once the work is complete, the contractor
shall request a final inspection.
Online Contractor Registration, Application and Inspections
The City of Lewisville’s online permitting & inspections system can be found at
You must create an account to register as a contractor, apply for permits, or request